Here’s a little more information on grounding / earthing…
“If you want to lift your spirit, you have to ground your soul. This is why your ‘sole’ is on the bottom of your feet!” -Alexis Brooks
Earthing (or grounding) refers to the discovery of benefits—including better sleep and reduced pain—from walking barefoot outside or sitting, working, or sleeping indoors connected to conductive systems that transfer the Earth’s electrons from the ground into the body.
Emerging scientific research has revealed a surprisingly positive and overlooked environmental factor on health: direct physical contact with the vast supply of electrons on the surface of the Earth. Modern lifestyle separates humans from such contact. The research suggests that this disconnect may be a major contributor to physiological dysfunction and unwellness.
The benefits of earthing include:
- Inflammation thrives when your blood is thick, and you have a lot of free radical stress and a lot of positive charges in your body.
- Grounding effectively alleviates inflammation because it thins your blood and infuses you with negatively charged ions through the soles of your feet.
- Grounding helps thin your blood by improving its zeta potential, which means it improves the energy between your red blood cells. Research has demonstrated it takes about 80 minutes for the free electrons from the earth to reach your blood stream and transform your blood.
- Being grounded can help relieve inflammation.
- When grounded, the diurnal rhythm of the stress hormone, cortisol, begins to normalize. Cortisol is connected to your body’s stress response and helps control blood sugar levels, regulates metabolism, helps reduce inflammation, and assists with memory formulation.
You are a bioelectrical being living on an electrical planet. Your body operates electrically. All of your cells transmit multiple frequencies that run, for example, your heart, immune system, muscles, and nervous system. For many decades, people have increasingly been wearing rubber and plastic-soled shoes that act as a barrier to the Earth’s energy, insulating them from electrical contact with the Earth. 👣🌍
The science of earthing: everything physical in the universe has polarity. This is because of positive protons and negative electrons of the atoms that make up our bodies. Due to these charges, the body has a north Pole and a south pole, just like planet earth, or a magnet. If you know how grounding poles work, you’ll know that metal rods connect to the earth in order to dissipate energy that could cause havoc on a building, from say a lightning. The same goes for your body. Energy can cause oxidative stress on your cells, so it is beneficial to discharge these ions (or electrical charges) to avoid this oxidative stress.
The problem is, we all walk with shoes on almost all of the time. Rubber insulates, so the body is incapable of discharging the energy that we are exposed to by radio waves, wifi or telephone antennas. A good practice to reduce inflammation in the body is to walk barefoot in nature, whether on sand, rocks or earth.
Recommended watching: The Earthing Movie