The benefits of dry brushing:
- Boosts the immune system
- Circulates vitamins A, D, E and K
- Detoxifies cells and the body
- Invigorates, exfoliates and moisturizes the skin
- Removes cellulite
- Stimulates nerve endings
- Balances hormones
How to start:
Do not brush over:
- varicose veins if they are painful,
- over centre of breasts,
- damaged or infected skin
- over any areas of pigment loss.
Always brush over dry skin and never over wet skin or after sports when you are clammy. Never use a wet brush.
Work with your body in 4 sections upper left, lower left, upper right and lower right. Your waist divides the upper and lower sections.
You work towards the direction of your lymphatic system. The lymphatic system clears the body of toxins. We can help move the lymphatic system by 1) dry brushing 2) exercise or 3) sauna.
You can dry brush 2 to 7 times per week. The best way is to undress and do it just before showering or bathing.
Always start on your left side first and do your right side last.
- Begin with the lymph nodes under the arm pit brush 7 times clockwise and then 7 times anti clockwise.
- Then brush down from upper chest towards arm pit.
- Then lower chest under the breast towards arm pit.
- Then up the side of the body towards the arm pit.
- Then upper back towards arm pit.
- Then down neck and throat towards arm pit
- Then along the jaw line towards arm pit.
- Then circular motions across top of hand and all the fingers and palm.
- Then brush around the wrist.
- Then upwards strokes across upper arm towards arm pit.
- Then upwards strokes of lower arm towards arm pit.
- Then the whole arm towards arm pit.
- Then 7 clockwise and 7 anti clock wise around groin lymph node area both sides.
- Then the stomach start with small circular brushes at the navel and then larger circles.
- Then brush the upper buttocks towards groin area.
- Then lower buttocks towards groin area.
- Then middle of the back upwards using two hands to hold the brush.
- Then mid back upwards.
- Then the foot, heal to toes, top of foot, ankle.
- Then upper left leg towards groin.
- Then lower leg towards groin.
- Then whole leg towards groin. Then do the right hand side in the same way.
Below is the lymphatic system in the finger. This is the system the current medical modality chose to ignore over a century ago. They still don’t know how it works.
This is the system where most of man’s suffering originates. Clean it out and your pain, inflammation, dis eases and conditions cease to exist.
Man has suffered for so long due to an incomplete picture of the human body. Most people are unaware that much of what is taught and practiced in medicine today is based on (misguided) theory, not fact.
Photo: Cuca Russell